FUNKY POLKADOT GIRAFFE

Thursday, October 2, 2014

General Conference Treat Jars: Sweet Words Printables

general conference treat jars

This upcoming weekend is the fall LDS General Conference and I love it
because it means church in my jammies, yummy breakfast, and hearing from
the leaders of the church without leaving home.
However, it can get a little frustrating to try and listen and keep the
kids entertained for the 4+ hours each day that Conference airs.

We've done packets, bingo, and other various activities to try and keep
them engaged during the talks, but nothing has worked as well as our
treat jars labeled with sweet words!

conference sweet words

I had seen the idea for treat buckets and bowls and such labeled with words
that are frequently used during General Conference, but since I am
a classic procrastinator I never gathered the necessary matching buckets in time.
So I decided to use what I had on hand and what is cuter than mason
jars and rainbow washi tape?

So, I rounded up various mason jars I had in the garage that we had already
emptied of the delicious jams and jellies my mother-in-law makes.
Then I used clipart from Melonheadz to make the labels for my sweet words,
and then I attached the labels with rainbow washi tape.
Then I filled the jars with candy, sweet treats, and food from my stash.
If you didn't want to use candy, you could substitute little erasers,
bubbles, pencils, and other novelty items.

general conference sweet words

I used the words:
LOVE
FAMILY
SCRIPTURES
MISSIONARY
JESUS CHRIST
TEMPLE
BAPTISM

This year I think I will make a few more jars and then rotate jars
in and out so that it's different every couple of speakers.
I also think I'll use a few novelty items in some of the jars to mix it up
and make it so there isn't too much of a sugar overload.

general conference treat jars sweet words

I also have the rule that the kids can only collect on a word twice in the same talk.
So, if President Uchtdorf is talking about missionary work and says the
word "missionary" 25 times, they can only collect a maximum of 2 sweets for his talk.

I'm sharing my General Conference sweet words labels with you.
They are in PDF format and they are ready for you!
Since I am on the Mique laminating bandwagon, I think I will have
the kids color ours this year and then laminate them.
What do you do to keep your kids engaged during General Conference?

Fine Print:
Please feel free to use this tutorial/print for your personal use. 
Please be kind and give credit where credit is due. 
Any questions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me.


0 comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails