FUNKY POLKADOT GIRAFFE

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Barbie Birthday Playdate

So I am totally loving doing the low-key birthday playdates
instead of a full blown birthday party.
It started with JT's Angry Birds Playdate and then
about a month later we had Isabella's Barbie Birthday Playdate.

Link
I keep the numbers small by only inviting from a one social group.
With JT, we just invited carpool friends and with
Isabella we invited the girls from her church nursery class.
As they get older it gets harder and harder to know who
to invite and where to draw the line.



It was the perfect size group.
Each of the girls brought their favorite Barbie
and we started by watching short Barbie music videos
on the Barbie channel.
If there at been 1.5 hours worth of Barbie music videos,
they probably could have just done this the entire time.
They really liked it :)


Next we decorated our goodie bags.
I found these awesome stickers at Michael's and the girls
got to create and dress their own "Barbie" doll on their bag.


The girls did a great job and it was fun to listen
to their little conversations.





I also had some Barbie coloring pages on the table
for those that had finished their goody bag.


Next we busted out the giant Barbie box and played
Barbies for about 15 minutes.
We inherited the box from one of the youth from church.
It has been awesome!!!!

My rad cousin Cory made custom cupcake toppers for the occasion.
She cut them by hand!
Isn't she amazing?


We ate the cupcakes outside and the girls ran around
and we made pretty heart bead necklaces.
The 4-year-olds had no problem with the beading,
but the 3-year-olds needed some help :)




During present opening I take a picture of the birthday kid
with the friend that gave her the gift.
This way I have a visual record and a thank you card!





17 comments:

Tonii said...

Oh man...I love it all! But my fave is how you take pics of the bday girl with the person who gave the gift...Brilliant!! Thanks for the great idea!!

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Looks like fun! I wish I had a daughter to have a Barbie party! All boys in my house.

Unknown said...

So cute! I LOVE it.

Kikal said...

That's "low key"?! You're so awesome!

OneMommy said...

Too cute!
I love the little bags! I bet they had tons of fun!

There is a Barbie channel??? Wow. The things I miss. LOL>

Tasha said...

Oh, LOOOOOVE the idea of it being a playdate. Serisouly, you are a genius. I am going to remember this!

Unknown said...

How fabulous...my Kate is a barbie fanatic! I am hosting a Link Party today and would love for you to add these, and anything else you like!

http://www.mom4realky.blogspot.com/2012/02/4-real-friday-link-party-2.html

Jessica @ Mom 4 Real

Michelle said...

Awwww!! What a fun play date! :)

Just Jaime said...

How fun! I love the stickers!

Fork said...

how fun! love those cupcakes!

-fork

Mel said...

Love all the ideas - very organised to take pics of the kid and their pressie too!

Crafty Texas Girl said...

Such an awesome party! I hope you'll share it on my blog tonight- we are hosting "Cowgirl Up!". Link your post once on my blog, and it automatically shows up on four awesome blogs! Party goes live at 9pm, hope to see you there! :) Samantha
http://www.craftytexasgirls.com/

Meaningful Mama said...

Such a cute idea and I love all the details. Love, Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

See Cait Knit said...

I totally would have been head over heels for this birthday as a kid. I loved Barbie! Great ideas and photos!
mscandmisse.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

They are all so cute. Great ideas! We have done 2 Barbie silhouette parties and I still love that theme!

Holly Lefevre said...

Pink...Barbies...calling me name...I mean what a great idea for my daughter (and maybe me too!)

Kids Parties in Maimi said...

Superbly decorated party, It's an amazing idea for a pretty princess's birthday party.
Kids Birthday Party in Orlando

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails